Thursday, June 18, 2009

Remnants of the Past

One of my ex-husband's friends tried to add me as a friend on Facebook tonight. i'm going to pretend i just didn't see the request. There are reasons i don't keep in contact with those remnants of my past. It's nothing but bad memories, memories that i've been working so dilligently to put away so they don't affect me as they used to.

i don't understand the need for people to cling to me. i understand that my nature as a succubus causes people to have a difficult time shaking thoughts of me from their heads (at least if i've interacted with them for any length of time; obviously, a stranger won't pay much attention to me). But honestly, if i still wanted contact with these people, i would have kept it up.

It's really frustrating to be forcibly reminded of the past, especially when i'm trying to break free from that. So, for now, the friend request will be ignored and i will be able to move on with my life.

No comments: