Saturday, October 3, 2009

Have you felt illness or other factors (depression, stress, PMS, etc) interfere with your ability to serve as well as you want? How do you handle those times?

Yes, many times. In addition to being diagnosed with depression, i also have PTSD and PMDD, and both play havoc in my service to Master. Lately, my PMDD is really acting up and i've been quite distant from Master all day. It's so strange, it seems to get this way right before we see each other. i suppose it's just because we know we'll be seeing each other soon?

i have difficulty handling things when my mental illnesses get in the way of my service. i start to take things out on myself, often culminating in me harming myself or just saying negative things to myself. i've been trying to stop that lately, but it's not always easy. And, really, i'm very nervous as to what things will be like once Master is here.

2 comments:

Mark L. Kramer said...

Lilikka,
Live one day at a time. Do your best not to let problems overload on you. When you feel overly stressed, get away from everything and do something that you enjoy doing.

If you have an interest in zombies then join us at Zombie Living...

Lilikka said...

Thank you :) I certainly try to live one day at a time.

And I do have an interest in zombies, so I'll be sure to check out Zombie Living. Thanks!