Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Inequality is my biggest pet peeve

i cannot stand inequality, regardless of how small the infraction might be. Perhaps it's because of the fact that, since i was born, i was treated differently because i'm biologically female. i was looked upon by my father as if i were a lesser being because i was female. Of course, this isn't true, but it didn't stop him from treating me that way.

But i really cannot stand it when i see inequality in action. And it makes me upset to see people with such a cavalier attitude towards it. Perhaps they've never had to fight for their equality, to prove that they were just as good as everyone else. If that's the case, then they're fortunate in some areas, but definitely missing out in others. i often think i would like to have not known what all that fighting was about, but i know that it's helped shape me into the person i am right now. And, after all this soul searching, i wouldn't change that for anything.

No comments: