Thursday, July 16, 2009

Playing roles

We all have our roles to play in life. But what irks me more than anything is when someone plays at being something that they know little to nothing about. A supposed "Dom" i was talking to today is like that. He didn't know what safe, sane and consensual meant, and his whole stance was he "wants to get inside a girl's head before he gets into her pants." That disgusts me more than i can say. If i personally knew the girl he was trying to get to sub for him, i would warn her of his thoughts, but since i don't know who she is, there's not much i can do other than continue to warn people who are new to all of this to really do some research before jumping in.

Along the same thought of playing roles, i've decided that i am going to try my best to be my succubus side as much as possible. Even if it's just play acting at the time, it will eventually become second nature. Or, as i once read in a book, i'll fake it 'til i make it. i truly think that's the best way for me to advance with both my submission and embracing my succubus side.

3 comments:

Tera S said...

Well it's all right now...
I've learned my lessons well..
You see you, can't please everyone
So you
Got to please yourself...


It's an old song, prolly one that you don't know honey, but it's true in a lot of ways...

The most important thing is to be comfortable with who you are and what makes you happy...

Took me a lil while to work that out, but when I did...

*smiles*

It made all the difference...

As for that Dom, ummmm.. No, doesn't sound like he has a clue...

I've always been of the belief that being a Domme means that you care about, listen to, and believe in those that have given you that honor and never abuse it.

It's about love and trust after all and without that you have nothing...

*huggles*

Hope you have a great day!


Tera

Lilikka said...

Thanks so much! i'm starting to discover that being myself is what truly makes me happy. But i think i'm going to have to look up that song. Just judging by those lyrics alone, it's a must-have on my iPod ;)

Tera S said...

In case you didn't find it honey, it's called Garden Party by Rick Nelson... It's from 1972 so like I said...

It's an oldie...



Tera