Sunday, January 4, 2009

Breaking Down Communication

not between Master and myself, i mean. but it seems to me as if being in this lifestyle has helped to break down communications between myself and my more vanilla friends. and for the life of me, i can't understand why.

if someone doesn't agree with the practices of another, that's one thing. but to completely cut that person out of your life and not speak to them? that's hurtful and really rather unnecessary. my lifestyle doesn't affect anyone else except Master and myself. i don't try to persuade others to join into our lifestyle, nor do i talk badly about those not in it.

honestly, i wish more people tried to understand. but it seems as if, in most things, people are more content to be closed minded than open and understanding. and although i've, in the past, tried to help those that are now no longer speaking to me understand a bit more about this lifestyle, it was obviously not enough to prevent them from even saying "hi" to me every now and again.

No comments: